08 February 2011

Honey-Dijon Chicken

Once I progressed beyond preparing Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, this was the first meal I learned to make on my own. My brother and sister used to request this on nights when I would babysit and I gradually learned to make it my own. The original recipe took help from Campbell's Kitchen, but the current version suits my current tastes and budget. 


3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in ½
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 cans Campbell’s Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken soup
¼ c. milk
¼ c. light sour cream
3 Tbs. honey
3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: Crushed peanuts

Season chicken with salt and lemon pepper to taste. In a large pan, brown chicken in olive oil. Meanwhile, combine soup, milk, sour cream, honey, mustard, and salt/pepper in a medium bowl. Once chicken is browned, add soup mixture to the pan; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce over steamed rice. For an extra crunch, top with crushed peanuts.